Playing With POWER
Whatever it Takes Pt 3
3.13.11 Integrity Bud Wrenn
Questions to get to my doubt about Jesus:
- Do I sometimes have doubts when I really think about Christ? (If the answer is ‘no’ then we are probably trying to manufacture and impossibly perfect faith)
- Would I say that my lifestyle is more generous or more stingy toward others?
- Is my view of the Holy Spirit a Biblical view?
John 14:15-17 (NLT) 15 “If you love me, obey my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. 17 He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.
The Holy Spirit...
1) reveals the gravity of my sinful nature.
John 16:8 (NLT) 8 And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment.
2) provides spiritual guidance.
John 16:13 (NLT) When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not be presenting his own ideas; he will be telling you what he has heard….
John 14:17 (NLT) He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world at large cannot receive him, because it isn't looking for him and doesn't recognize him. But you do, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.
3) directs me toward God's plan for me.
John 16:13 (NLT) When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not be presenting his own ideas; he will be telling you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future.
John 14:12-13 (NLT) "The truth is, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.  You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, because the work of the Son brings glory to the Father.
4) points to Christ and not Himself.
John 16:14-15 (NLT) 14 He will bring me glory by telling you whatever he receives from me. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine; this is why I said, ‘The Spirit will tell you whatever he receives from me.’
John 14:26 (NLT) 26 But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you.
John 14:6 (NLT) Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
5) offers prayers for us in times when we lose power.
Romans 8:26-27 (NIV) 26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
Why we miss the Holy Spirit's leadership:
Getting in tune with the Holy Spirit's leadership...
1) Consistency in prayer (2-way communication),
2) Regular study and application of Scripture,
3) Looking for spiritual significance of circumstances.
4) Awareness of ' Nudgings / Hunches ' He may send,