Call To Authenticity
Integrity Church Todd Felkel 6.12.11
Comparing Yourself To Others Causes Problems
1. You ignore God’s goodness in your own life.
2. You resent God’s goodness in other’s lives.
3. It is relationally unattractive.
4. Struggle with insecurities.
5. Suffer from stress and burnout from the need to perform.
6. Life becomes painful.
7. Ultimately, you miss God’s unique purpose for your life.
Proverbs 14:30 A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones.
Who do you compare yourself to? _____________________
How To Be Free To Be Me
1. Resist comparing yourself to others
Galatians 6:4 Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won’t need to compare yourself to anyone else.
2. Realize You Are Accepted By The One Who Matters Most.
3. Recognize Your Own Uniquness.
Psalm 139:13-18 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!
4. Refocus On Living For The Audience of One.
John 21:21-22 Peter asked Jesus, “What about him, Lord?” Jesus replied, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? As for you, follow me.”
How to Follow Jesus? One step at a time!
NextSteps @ Integrity
What is your next step closer to God?